1. Who is your host and what blogging platform do you use?
2. Why did you decide to write a blog?
I decided to start this blog for one reason – to inspire others. My journey into veganism was so profoundly motivated by great blogs just like this, and I wanted to pay it back. I am not here to preach about a vegan diet – I am just here to hopefully make you want to try a recipe or two.
3. How did you choose the name The Pampered Vegan?
The Pampered Vegan became the name-face of my blog because I am a little bit spoiled, a little bit picky, and lot-a-bit indulgent. I like to “pamper” myself :)
4. How many hours per day do you spend working on the blog?
I probably spend 3-4 hours per day on the blog, give or take. On off days (days when I do not publish a post) I am usually testing new recipes and/or photographing dishes to use on future posts.
5. Can I use one of your recipes on my own blog?
Absolutely, although I would appreciate a link back to the original recipe if you don’t change it at all. Even if you change it just slightly, I would still appreciate a link back to the original post.
6. Can I use your pictures on my blog?
I do not allow for unauthorized use of my photos, however if you would like to, please feel free to contact me and we can work something out. If asked, I am usually fine with someone using my pictures as long as proper credit is given.
7. How long have you been into photography?
I have loved photography my whole life. I am self-taught and never went to school for digital arts.
8. What kind of camera and lens do you use?
9. I’ve heard you mention work – what is your day job?
I work for an employee risk management firm based out of Toledo, Ohio.
10. How did you learn to cook?
My mother is a fabulous cook (as was my grandmother.) However, I did not take much of an interest in cooking until I became vegan, and my options to eat out at restaurants went from plentiful to nearly zero. I taught myself how to cook all the vegan recipes you see here, but my base knowledge of cooking (and probably much more) definitely came from my mother.
11. What are your most used appliances in the kitchen?
I use my Vitamix and/or Nutri Bullet every day. My other faves include the Cuisinart 14-cup food processor, my Oster Toaster Oven (perfect for small jobs when you don’t want to heat up your big oven,) and my Kitchen Aid Mixer. I also couldn’t do without the Chefs Mat Ziv’s mom got for me. I know it’s not an “appliance,” but it’s definitely worth mentioning. Especially since I use it every day!
12. Do you accept guest posts?
I do accept guest posts! I also write guest posts myself. If interested, contact me for details :)
13. Do you do photography for others?
I do sometimes take freelance photography jobs as well as do sessions for friends/family. To learn more about what sessions I offer and pricing, see my Photography Pricing page.